LunarPages Reviews 2019
Lunarpages is one of the oldest web hosts in existence. The good thing able them is the speed. You can get a pretty good experience when you host your website with them. Lunar pages offer interesting hosting packages for personal or business hosting. The packages include shared hosting, VPS, Cloud hosting and dedicated.
LunarPages Web Hosting – Pros & Cons
Let’s look at the Advantage and Disadvantage of lunarPages hosting compared to its competitors:
- The hosting comes with a wide range of hosting options.
- Hosting plans include low priced shared hosting for small sites
- Cheap price for VPS and dedicated hosting for medium and business sites
- Server speed delivery is amazing. Boost your website loading speed.
- Some web hosting services provide the same features at lower prices
- They try to upsell on lots of features and addons
- You pay monthly fees for cPanel. This is free on most web hosting
- They aren’t offering money-back guarantee which other web hosting companies are doing.
- You can’t use more than expected resources else you will get suspended.
LunarPages Web Hosting Plans
Lunarpages offer multiple web hosting plan which includes personal hosting, business hosting, Window hosting, cloud, and dedicated hosting. let’s look into the review of each plan
PERSONAL HOSTING (SHARED)
This is the cheapest hosting on lunarpages and comes with few features. This hosting plan is called the “LINUX” hosting. There are two options to choose from the STARTER and the BASIC.
Starter Linux Hosting
- Comes with Control panel
- 5Gb Storage
- 5GB bandwidth
- WordPress Install script
- Softaculous install scripts
Basic Linux Hosting
- Panel available
- Weebly website builder
- You get Free domain name
- Unlimited Storage
- Unlimited bandwidth
- 24/7 customer support
Starter hosting plan is good for personal blog and people with a tight budget. The Basic which I recommend is good for a small business site or medium traffic websites.
The free domain is available only on the basic package. You get free domain name registration when you pay for full one-year hosting.
BUSINESS HOSTING (SHARED)
This is a higher level of shared hosting plan. The business hosting comes with 3 plans.
- Premium hosting
- Advantage hosting
- Enterprise Hosting
The 3 plans above are the same except they have different storage capacity and bandwidth. These plans are more expensive than the normal shared hosting packages. The hosting package comes with additional features that may influence your choice. Such as
- SSL certificate
- Cpanel with no monthly payment
- Dedicated I.p address
- PCI compliance.
The features are great for a small business website but the price is high for shared hosting. I rather pay little more to get a VPS server on other top hosting companies than pay this much for shared hosting.
SHARED WINDOW HOSTING:
Window hosting is excellent for hosting and managing a website using advanced technology. Window hosting is required for:
- ASP or .NET Websites
- MS Access or MS SQL
These shared hosting packages are twice expensive as normally shared hosting plans. It comes with similar features such as Free domain name registration and unlimited storage. Other specific features of Lunarpages window hosting are
- Window 2012R2
- Plesk Control Panel 11.x
- MSSQL 2012 standard edition
CLOUD VPS HOSTING
This is another level of shared hosting on Lurnapages. It more expensive compared to other cloud hosting service providers. The initial base price is low but you pay more when you scale to more resources.
Amazing feature with VPS cloud hosting.
- Options to choose an operating system from CentOS 7, Window or Ubuntu
- Free domain registration when you pay at least one year upfront.
- The choice for normal free Cpanel or pay monthly for Plesk Onyx
- Ability to modify your RAM, disk storage, CPU and Bandwidth.
- You have SSD disk space included which is improves the speed of websites
We know all this comes with sweet and interesting features. We got a big disadvantage where you are unable to add SSL certificates on your VPS hosting. It is only available on other shared or a dedicated plan.
Lurnarpages offers dedicated hosting solutions for windows and Linux. There are 3 plans available to choose from the features. The differences in the CPU and RAM.
We have the
- Single Quad Core that comes with 4GB RAM and CPU / Intel® E3-1225 v5 Quad 4-core.
- Single Octa Core comes with CPU / Intel® E5-2670 Octa 8-core and 16GB RAM
- Dual Octa Core comes with 32GB RAM and CPU / Dual Intel® E5-2670
Other important things to note about the Dedicated Hosting plan
- $99 setup fee.
- Cancel within 30days
- 2 IP addresses
- 10TB bandwidth
- SSD storage
- Addon (extras)
- SSL certificates
- More resources
Note: Check out The Best Free Hosting to learn more about our top web hosting companies for small businesses.
3 reviews for LunarPages WebHosting Review
- You can get excellent customer support
- It provides lightning-fast speeds
- Automated backup options offered
- Pricing details are straightforward
- Useful tips to locate the best hosting services provider